1. What is the advantage of a mobile self storage?
The main advantage is that it is mobile, more convenient and most importantly cost effective. You know that with Storage for Less you are getting the cheapest rates with the finest service.
2. How does the Storage for Less system work?
We bring our mobile storage module to your door. You load your belongings into the module then we take it back to our secure storage facility. Alternatively, we can load your belongings into the module for you at an extra cost. By using a mobile storage company like Storage for Less you are greatly reducing costs and not compromising on quality service.
3. What service do you provide?
We provide a storage module, weather proof covers and 2-3 professional removalists (if you choose us to do the packing for you). All modules are equipped with protective padding in order to keep your belongings safe whilst in transit. All you have to do is have your goods packed and ready and load into the module. If packing is an issue for you we can arrange to do the packing for you at a low fixed rate. We treat all our customers equally and offer the same professional service to all at a low cost therefore passing on the savings to you.
If you are packing the module yourself, protective padding is still provided.
4. How big is the storage module?
Our storage modules are 8 cubic metres ( 2.4m long, 1.5m wide and 2.2m high externally)
5. What are the modules made out of?
Our modules have been custom built to ensure they are secure, solid and built to last. They are made of a wood composite which is able to breathe better than the steel containers which in turn reduces the chance for mildew and mold. All our modules are weather resistant as they are transported in completely sealed trucks so you will not have to worry about the weather.
6. How many modules will I need?
As a general rule you will need 1 module for every 1-1.5 rooms of furniture. If you are not sure our customer service representative will help you out with this.
7. How much does a module cost?
$119 per month (check to see monthly special offers)
8. Are there any discounts for renting multiple modules?
Yes there are, please call our office and we will be happy to discuss.
9. Is my reservation deposit refundable?
We understand that plans can change therefore we will happily refund your reservation deposit provided you notify us of your decision to cancel more than 7 days in advance of your day of delivery.
10. Are there any items I cannot put in my module?
For safety reasons, the following items cannot be stored in the module:
- Firearms, explosives, munitions
- Hazardous or flammable goods
- Toxic, polluted or contaminated goods
- Illegal goods
- Perishable goods or food
11. Where are the modules stored?
All modules are stored within our secure storage warehouses.
12. Can i access my module?
No, We only offer Long Term Storage with pick up and delivery options.
13. What is the shortest period of time I can rent a module for?
1 month minimum (paid in advance). If you are looking at renting a storage module for more than 6 months we can offer you a more competitive rate.
14. Can I deliver my own goods to your storage facility?
15. When can I have my goods picked up or delivered?
Contact our office to arrange a pick up/ delivery date/ time.
16. What if I don’t need my module anymore?
It would be best if you could contact us 7-14 days prior to the date you plan to vacate. Giving us as much notice as possible is ideal if you want to lock in your desired delivery date as our calendar fills up fast.
17. What happens when I want my goods delivered back to me?
Contact our office to arrange delivery address and time.
18. Can I empty my module at your storage facility and will I still be charged a re-delivery fee?
Yes, you can and no re delivery will charged
19. How do I pay for my rented module?
On the anniversary of your move in date, ongoing payments are to made monthly in advance from your nominated credit card, via your PayPal account or via a direct debit. We aim to make the process as smooth as possible, ensuring that you don’t have to worry about your storage needs.
A $100.00 deposit is required to confirm your storage space. This amount is credited against your first months storage. The remainder of your first months rent and any relating costs are due on the day you move into the space.
20. Are the modules secure?
Our facilities are secure and provide long term care for your goods. Each module is fitted with a padlock where you can either provide your own or we can supply you one for $10.00. Only you will have the key therefore you will be the only one with access to your individual module.
21. Can you arrange contents insurance?
We are not covered for any damage caused during the removal, however you can oblation insurance through your home and contents provider.
22. Do you supply boxes and materials?
Yes we do.